Top Five Things to Look for When Hiring a Real Estate Agent
If you’ve been dreaming about buying or selling a home this year, one of the best ways to help your dream become a reality is to hire a professional real estate agent. A qualified agent will take care of all the tasks required to buy or sell your home, allowing you to enjoy the process. They will research listings, help prep your home for sale, handle home showings, create and implement a marketing strategy, prepare offers, and skillfully negotiate on your behalf.
With so many agents available in the market, it can be hard to know which one is right for you. To help you select the best agent for your needs, we’ve compiled a list of the top five things to look for when hiring a real estate agent.
- Knowledge. Your agent should have a strong understanding of the local real estate market, the type of real estate you’re looking for, and the communities where you’re considering purchasing a home.
- Experience. Look for an agent with several years of real estate industry experience. Additionally, they should have buying and selling experience in the neighbourhood you’re interested in, so they understand each community’s unique assets and drawbacks.
- Credibility. Your agent should have the expertise and experience to follow-up on promises. Ask about a potential agent’s track record and statistics.
- Trustworthiness. You should feel comfortable with your agent. Buying or selling a home is a significant transaction and you should only select an agent that has your best interest at heart.
- Honesty. No matter what the situation, your real estate agent should be completely honest with you. A professional agent will be up-front about commission fees, goals, feedback or roadblocks.
Are you considering buying or selling your home in Cambridge, ON or the surrounding areas? For an enjoyable and positive experience, contact John Moniz. John put his client’s interests first with his local market knowledge and expert negotiation skills.